Wednesday 13 May 2020

Welcome to the Forest

I am really enjoying getting back into stitching.  I do go off and do other crafts but I always come back to my stitching.  After finishing my Farmhouse Christmas I have picked up my Welcome to the Forest by Country Cottage Needleworks.  I am making this for my granddaughter, she loves going for a walk in the woods around here.  We are lucky there are a lot of small woods within a short drive from here.




I had stitched the banner piece before put it away.  I’ve almost finished another square, I know Hailey will love this when I have finished it.


Last summer I batch made a load of small stitched pieces into ornaments.  I found some old photos of them after I had stitched them into small pillow ornaments and stuffed them.  They were waiting to have the opening stitched closed and the cording put around the edges.






The snow one finished,  my son Jack had that one and a few more for his tree.






I also made a few Christmas cushions.  It was nice to see the stitched pieces turned into some things.  I still have loads that are just sitting there waiting to be framed or turned into something.


We are lucky living on the coast as it means we have lovely places to walk on our daily walks during the lockdown.




Lots of cliff top walks.  I have noticed on sunny days the sky is so much bluer then it used to be.  I’ll take some photos when the sun is shining and post them.  



Well that’s all for now

Happy stitching

Sue

No comments: