Friday 9 February 2018


Not been blogging, sorry not really felt much like it lately.
We lost our beautiful Labrador Charlie in November and I really did not feel like stitching.  I got out my knitting and made a blanket.  I had collected all the Simply Stylish Knitting partwork but had not made the blanket.  So I have been knitting squares and joining them together and it is finished. 



I'm very pleased with it and as the yarn is 50% pure wool it is lovely and warm.

I have done a bit of stitching and I've even dragged my sewing machine out and I'm going to finish some of my stitching.  I did see online a new, well new to me way of finishing an ornament or small piece of stitching.  It was using placecard holders to make them stand.  I tried one



Not perfect but I'm happy with it.  I stitched this in 2011 so it's time it was made into something.  Mind you I have stitching a lot older then that waiting to be finished.  If you want to try this here is a link to the Twisted Stitcher blog with the tutorial.
 The Twisted Stitcher


This is one of my favourite photos of Charlie, I miss her so much.

Happy stitching

Sue. 

1 comment:

blueladie said...

I am so very sorry for your loss, Sue. Sending prayers. Cathryn