Monday 14 May 2018

StitchMaynia


The other day I discovered something called StitchMaynia.  Why have I not heard about this before?  Apparent started a few years ago in 2015.  People started 15 new projects in May 2015 then in 2016 they started 16 new projects in May and so on.  One each day for the first X number of days in May.  So this is 2018 so for the first 18 days you start a new projet.   I'm coming to this late but will do my best to start 18 pieces in May.  Any excuse to start something new.  I will try and finish as many of the pieces as I can this year.

I have already started a few pieces this month.  The first is the Little House Needleworks Country Christmas.   As this is released a part each month after I have caught up with the first three I already have I will make sure I stitch each section as it comes out.  I really want this ready for Christmas this year.




I have started the main border and also stitched the borders around the first three parts.  I will start stitching the first section tonight.

I have also started stitching the border for the new Country Cottage Needleworks Welcome to the Forest.   My granddaughter will love this one.




I have also stitched the white border from the first part.

The next new project is The Wool Gatherer from Shepherds Bush.   I have been meaning to start this for years.



I've just noticed I left the needle in view when I took the photo,  sorry about that.

Must go now as I have to go out.  I will stitch on the County Christmas one tonight but I will also start something new to add to my rota.  Not sure I will end up with 18 on the go but you never know.   As long as I end up finishing a good number of them this year I'll be happy.  At least it might stop me buying so many new ones to be left waiting to be stitched, but probably not.  LOL

Happy stitching

Sue 

No comments: